If you have already set your decision on getting the iMRS system, the next big question will be – iMRS Prime or Omnium1? This can be an easy decision or a rather difficult one, depending on what are your consideration factors. In this article, we summarizes the similarity and differences between the two systems to facilitate your decision making. If you are new to Omnium1 or iMRS, please refer to the following resources to understand more about the key features first before coming back to this article:
|Features||iMRS PRIME||iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1|
|Single hardware platform for all model||Yes. All models share the same hardware, except for the Hybrid model, one needs to purchase Exagon FIR Mat separately when upgrading from the lower models.||Yes. All models share the same hardware platform.|
|Touch Screen Control Panel||10.2″ Touch Panel, non-portable.||8″ Touch Panel, portable with built-in battery.|
|Connector Box||10 Ports Connector Box. Able to connect up to 6 PEMF applicators, 2 Exagon Brain and 2 x Exagon Sense.||2 Ports Connector Box (Default). Connect up to 1 PEMF applicator and 1 OmniBrain. Optional 3-way extension adapter allows connection to 3 PEMF applicators and 1 OmniBrain.|
|Built-in Battery||No.||Yes. Built-in, replaceable lithium battery.|
|Network||None. Software update via USB.||Wifi. Over the air software update possible.|
|Portability||None. Designed for a fixed location.||Very portable. 4-6 hours of operation with battery|
|Full-Body Mattress||Yes. Exagon Mat. 3 section foldable.||Yes. OmniMat. 6 sections foldable.|
|Pad||Yes. Exagon Pad. Not foldable.||Yes. OmniPad. 2 section foldable.|
|Spot.||Yes. Exagon Spot.||Yes. OmniSpot.|
|Brainwave Entrainment||Yes. Exagon Brain. Support millions of colour combination.||Yes. OmniBrain. Support millions of colour combination.|
|Bio-feedback HRV Sensor.||Yes. Exagon Sensor, with SPO2.||No.|
|FIR Integrated Full-Body Mattress||Yes. Exagon FIR in Hybrid and Trial models.||No.|
|Features||iMRS PRIME||iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1|
|OS Platform||Proprietary, based on HyperV. Enterprise-grade OS.||Customized Android Oreo 8. Consumer-grade OS.|
|3rd Party Software App||Not supported. Designed as a single-purpose device.||Possible, through .apk installation. Android PlayStore app is stripped off from default OS.|
|Standby Mode||No. Maybe in future.||Yes, based on Android functionality|
|Security Lock||No.||Yes, based on Android security feature|
|Auto-timer||No.||Yes. Can schedule daily or ad-hoc session run.|
|iMRS Software Features|
|Full 1-60 timer setting for all models||Yes||Yes|
|Full 8 levels of intensity for all models||Yes||Yes|
|Software features license key||Yes.||Not available. All features are by default enabled.|
|Fast/Quick Start Programs||7 Fast start programs, including Soffegio scale not using Organ clocks frequencies||5 quick start programs. All using Organ clock frequencies.|
|Solfeggio Scale 9 Frequencies|
(Fast Start Programs)
|174 Hz, 285 Hz, 396 Hz, 417 Hz, 528 Hz, 639 Hz, 741 Hz, 852 Hz, 963 Hz||No|
|User Profiles Setting||Unlimited. Program Mode. Advanced Model and above. Allow grouping of user profiles.||Unlimited in all models. Cannot support user profile grouping.|
|iGuide||Yes. Expert Model and above.||No|
|Split Mode||Yes. Expert Model and above.||No|
|Hybrid Mode (FIR)||Yes. Hybrid Model and above.||No|
|Trial Mode||Yes. Trial Model.||No|
|Bio-Feedback HRV||Yes. with SPO2 display. Able to export HRV data to 3rd party app.||No|
|Brainwave Entrainment – music customization||Yes||Yes|
|Brainwave LED colour auto adjustment with Quick/Fast Start Programs||Yes||No|
|Warranty||iMRS Prime||iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1|
|PEMF applicators (Mat, Pad, Spot)||3 Years||3 Years|
|Connector Box||3 Years||3 Years|
|Touch Control Panel||?||1 Year|
|Power Supply||?||6 months|
|Exagon Brain / OmniBrain||?||6 months|
|Exagon Sense||?||Not applicable|
|1, 2 years extended warranty available||Yes||Yes|
|Pricing Comparison||iMRS Prime (Price in USD)||iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1 (Price in USD)|
|Basic (Incl. Full body Mat and Pad)||4,490||3,345|
|Advanced/Complete (Incl. Full-body Mat, Pad, Spot)||5,290||3,845|
|Exagon Brain / OmniBrain||795||639, (or bundled with Complete is 4,345)|
The pricing comparison below illustrates the pricing differences for a similarly configured package in iMRS Prime and Omnium1. For a similarly configured Basic, the iMRSone 2.0 is about 25% cheaper than the similarly configured PRIME Basic.
Following are some of our recommendations for your consideration. You can check the comparison tables for a more detailed feature by features comparison.
Go for iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1 for the following unique advantages:
- Need portability. In this aspect, we are talking about comparing a desktop computer and a laptop, which means a big difference, not just about accessibility to a power source. So even if you are considering to use the iMRS system at different location of your house, go for Omnium1. In addition, the Omnium1’s Full-body Mat comes with 6 sections fold, which makes it 1/2 the size of iMRS Prime Exagon Mat when folded. You can easily lug the entire Omnium1 system into a 24″ luggage for travelling.
- Cost consideration. A similar configuration in Omnium1 is about 25%-30% cheaper (refer to table 4).
- Simpler operation interface. This is always relative. When comparing to iMRS, Omnium1 seems to be more complicated. However, when comparing to the iMRS PRIME, the Omnium1 interface now looks much simpler to use. This also has to do with the abundance of new features available in iMRS PRIME.
- There are some minor conveniences like the ability to update the latest software over the air, scheduled a session, install additional 3rd party android app is a plus, but not of critical importance in the decision making.
Go for iMRS Prime for the following unique advantages:
- Design and better material quality in almost every department. There are a lot of different design material elements in PRIME. We do suggest you take a look at the physical differences to feel the difference whenever possible.
- Far Infrared Hybrid Mat. This likely is the most important consideration factor.
- HRV Bio-feedback feature – Exagon Sense. We do not think you need to get the bio-feedback feature just to allow you to access the Kubios HRV software.
- Trial Mode – especially if you are a researcher, practitioners who wish to try out different parameters that are not available in the iMRS default programs (i.e. organ clock programs).
- Split Mode operation. While the key selling point of Split Mode feature is helping you to save upfront capital investment if you need to invest in 2 systems for concurrent applications. However, this is not always true when comparing to the Omnium1 system. Look at what you actually need first and then work out a cost comparison. Of course, if your features required an Expert or higher model, then Split mode feature is given. For example, you can get another Omnium1 tablet and a converter at a cost of around USD 2,000, and you can also achieve a similar objective of Split mode, but with the additional advantage of physical location independence.
- There are some other features like LED indicators for applicators, additional fast start programs, slightly more sophisticated user profiles program etc., in iMRS Prime, but we don’t think these should be the key factors in deciding between Omnium1 and Prime.