Last Update: Jan 2022.
This article aims to provide you more detail on the features of iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1 system beyond the marketing information. Please check out the Omnium1 Product Brochure here first.
iMRSone Omnium1 is the latest member of iMRS series launched officially in mid-2015. The latest release, iMRS 2.0 was released in Dec 2018. The system inherits the DNA of iMRS system but with a completely redesigned user interface and packaging, targeting at the needs for modern lifestyle, where connectivity, portability, and affordability takes the center stage. The product branding is rather confusing at the first glance. The complete name is iMRSone Omnium1, however, most people will drop the iMRSone and just call it Omnium1. Omnium1 is positioned as the little brother of the flagship iMRS (Prime) system, with the main target audience being home users. It comes at a lower price point (i.e. USD 3,596 as of Aug 2021) for the Basic model) that make it more affordable and appealing for those who are looking to enhance their healthy lifestyle with modern technology. The design of Omnium1 is one of the most aesthetically appealing PEMF systems on the market to date, reminding you nothing of a medical device. It’s like Fitbit or iWatch, where fashion and functionality fused. The successful introduction of Omnium1 interface and operating concept has led to the subsequent introduction of iMRS Prime system launched in 2020, replacing the iMRS (2000) model as the new flagship iMRS model.
Key Features of Omnium1
- Touch screen, an Android-based controller that comes with a powerful lithium rechargeable battery that can last up to 4 hours of continuous operation under maximum intensity.
- The overall footprint for full body mattress is half of iMRS (Prime) system when folded, making it easy to carry. You can lug the entire mat into a 24″ travel luggage.
- Introduction of high-intensity applicator, OmniSpot to replace Probe which is much handy and practical for home use
- OmniBrain can be run independently from the PEMF applicators, as a standalone Audio-visual brainwave entrainment system
- User downloadable background music (.MP3, .WAV) for OmniBrain application
- There is only one single controller version available in Omnium1, where all the software features are pre-enabled. In Prime, you have 5 different bundle configuration with different software modules enabled according to the software license/bundle purchased. This is a good news, as regardless which bundle you get, you have all the software features enabled for your access (including 1-60 minutes timer, 8 levels of intensity, OmniBrain application, etc.)
- Over the internet firmware and application software upgrade.
What’s new in iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1
- Updated tablet hardware design with Android Oreo 8.1
- User removable battery. Similar battery capacity as compared to previous version.
- Updated hardware design for D/A converter with better heat dissipation
- Optional 3-in-1 adapter that allows you to connect all 3 OmniMat, OmniPad and OmniSpot to the system at the same time (it still can only operate one at a time)
- New Software features
- Quick Start Programs now available for standalone OmniBrain App
- Customized music playlist when using OmniBrain
- Timer to auto-start a PEMF session on particular timing. Can repeat daily/once. Idea for bed-ridden user who is not able to operate the system.
- Chinese language version available
Omnium1 System Bundle
As Omnium1 controller is universal for all bundles, the configuration option here is really about choosing what applicators you wish to add-on. There are essentially 4 bundles for PEMF configuration – Basic, Complete, Combo, and Complete Combo. There are three PEMF applicators – OmniMat, OmniPad and optional OmniSpot to choose from; one optional brainwave entrainment integrated audio-visual headset OmniBrain to choose from.
- For Omnium1 Basic, you get an Omnium1 Tablet (with D/A controller that connects the tablet to applicator), Full body Mat (OmniMat) and Pad (OmniPad).
- For Omnium1 Complete, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniSpot
- For Omnium1 Combo, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniBrain
- For Omnium1 Complete Combo, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniSpot and OmniBrain.
There is one lesser known configuration for standalone BrainWave Entrainment purpose, which is called OmniBrain Combo. This consist of Just the Omnium1 Tablet with OmniBrain. When you get Omnium1 Combo or Complete Combo, you can use the OmniBrain with the Omnium1 Tablet as a standalone brainwave entrainment system too.
Omnium1 User Interface
Omnium1 app comes with a rather intuitive and well-designed user interface. You will feel immediately at home if you are already familiar with the iMRS operation. The timer and intensity settings are now represented by two sliding circle rings where you can just slide your finger along the circle to set the desired setting. This is much faster as compared to a button-based operation, but the draw back is at times it can be challenging for you to nail down to specific minute precision with the sliding mechanism. Watch the video below learn more about the operation of the application.
Some technicalities of Omnium1
The Omnium1 is an 8″ capacitive touch screen tablet that weighs more than 0.5 kg (567g to be exact). It has a WIFI, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB), 1 x 3.5mm audio out jack for you to connect to your personal headset for audio entrainment, and an impressive 9000mAH Li-polymer battery with a 14.8V rating. There is no Bluetooth wireless feature, to minimize unnecessary radiation. During normal use, we still suggest you turn the tablet into airplane mode or turn off the WIFI to minimize any radiation from the tablet since it will be placing near your body during use. Only turn on WiFi if you need to do Over the Air update or to sync network time/date.
The Omnium1 tablet comes with a customized 20 pin DP type port that looks like HDMI port, for it to connect to the D/A converter. This is use for communicating with the various applicators. The wiring design is much cleaner now with just one wire out, instead of up to 6 wires coming out of the old iMRS system when it is fully loaded (3 applicators, 1 x iMORE, 1 x Audio, 1 x Goggle). This design is with portability in mind.
OmniBrain application get a special mention here as we felt there is a more potential use of OmniBrain applications that come standard with all Omnium1 bundles. There are three “output” from the OmniBrain – 1. Goggles (flashing light), Music (audio) and Tones (audio). Regardless if you have OmniBrain connected to the system, the audio features of the OmniBrain will still work, and this is the fun part of customizing the system to your liking since there is really nothing much can be configured for the PEMF applicators aside the time and intensity.
The screen below shows the settings available on the standalone OmniBrain App. In the standalone App, you will see an optional timer setting where you can adjust the duration of the session. The app can also be called out from the iMRSone main interface, where you won’t be seeing a timer bar as it will follow the timer set for the PEMF session.
Goggles – This is the flashing LED light, the visual component of the audio-visual brainwave entrainment system. If you have the OmniBrain, you should always try to use it and turn it on. In Omnium1’s version of OmniBrain, you have much more color combination of the color, as compared to the iSLRS in iMRS, where you can select only 3 basic colors. In OmniBrain, you can have a mixture of different basic colors and create a color tone that you want (i.e. violet, orange, etc.). This opens out a whole of potential for color therapy use. The only problem with this design is there is no physical button available on the tablet to allow you to adjust the intensity when you are wearing it. Find the position of the brightness bar with your finger when you are blind folded can be a real challenge here.
Tones – This is the audio component of the audio-visual brainwave entrainment system. The hearing is another useful sensory channel to receive the entrainment frequencies, although visual has a much larger impact to our brainwave. You will hear some monotonous beat or tone when it’s enabled, depending on the organ clock setting selected.
Both the audio and visual frequencies are determined by the organ clock setting. So in essence, you have only 4 programs available to choose from. Read on to find out how you can create more audio entrainment session.
Music – The music is optional and by default is turned off. However, music can be a really powerful compliment. The tablet does not come pre-installed with any music. You can download the music files here: https://omnium1.com
Customizing your own Audio-Entrainment session
As mentioned earlier, OmniBrain App has some flexibility that allows you to do some level of customization. One of them is to use your own audio-entrainment music files. To do that is simple:
- Copy your .mp3 files to the /iMRS folder of your microSD card and insert into the Tablet’s microSD slot.
- Turn off the tone and Turn on the Music
- Just choose the music file you wish to play during the PEMF system.
- If you don’t have OmniBrain (Goggle), use any headphone with 3.5mm audio jack. We recommend over-the-ear type as it offers better sound isolation and sound density to your audio-sensory organ.
Things to note: we do not recommend you to customize your own entrainment audio files if you are using the goggle head set, as the system will not synchronize the rhythm of the music files, hence this will impact the efficiency of the overall audio and light entrainment. Use your customized version only if you are not using the light entrainment option.
OmniSpot is the latest high-intensity applicator that replaces the Probe in iMRS. The magnetic field not only works directly above the OmniSpot applicator but also spreads itself out in all directions. The flux density of the pillow applicator is less than or equal to 120 μT at its highest intensity. The placement of the coils across from each other will generate a so-called Helmholtz effect (meaning a homogeneous magnetic field). It has a flexible attachment belt for a more simple and practical application.
OmniSpot is a convenient and useful applicator for many uses, including joint pains, shoulder, etc.. For best effect, sandwich the treatment area between the pad at a parallel position (i.e. sandwich your area of treatment between the 2 pads).
Do always look into the need in purchasing an extended warranty. Default product warranty are as follows:
- D/A Converter, OmniMat, OmniPad, OmniSpot – 3 Years
- Tablet – 1 Year
- OmniBrain, Power Adapter and other accessories – 6 months
You can add-on the extended warranty option when you purchase the system. Extended warranty cannot be purchased or add-on after your purchase. So always do consider this option early on. The cost is about 11-15% of your purchase price for 2 years extended warranty, depending on the bundle you purchase. You can read up more on what is covered/not covered under extended warranty. Not everything is covered, including OmniBrain.
More about extended warranty: https://omnium1.sg/docs/product-warranty/
Comparison with iMRS Prime
Should you get the Omnium1 or Prime? Find out more about the comparison between the two systems here: https://pemf.asia/prime-vs-omnium1/