iMRSone Omnium1 is the latest member of iMRS series launched officially in mid-2015. The latest release, iMRS 2.0 was released in Dec 2018. The system inherits the DNA of iMRS system but with a completely redesigned user interface and packaging, targeting at the needs for modern lifestyle, where connectivity, portability, and affordability takes the center stage. The product branding is rather confusing at the first glance. The complete name is iMRSone Omnium1, however, most people will drop the iMRSone and just call it Omnium1. Omnium1 is positioned as the little brother of iMRS system, with the main target audience being home users. It comes at a lower price point (i.e. USD 3,345 at launch for an entry model) that make it more affordable and appealing for those who are looking to enhance their healthy lifestyle with modern technology. The design of Omnium1 is one of the most aesthetically appealing PEMF systems on the market to date, reminding you nothing of a medical device. It’s like Fitbit or iWatch, where fashion and functionality fused.
Key Features of Omnium1
- Touch screen, an Android-based controller that comes with a powerful lithium rechargeable battery that can last up to 4 hours of continuous operation under maximum intensity.
- The overall footprint for full body mattress is half of iMRS system when folded, making it easy to carry. You can lug the entire mat into a 24″ travel luggage.
- Introduction of high-intensity applicator, OmniSpot to replace Probe which is much handy and practical for home use
- OmniBrain color combination is much more flexible as compared to the iSLRS system in iMRS, which offers only 3 primary colors.
- OmniBrain now can be run independently from the PEMF applicators, as a standalone Audio-visual brainwave entrainment system
- User downloadable background music (.MP3, .WAV) for OmniBrain application
- There is only one single controller version available in Omnium1, where all the software features are enabled. You won’t find wellfit, complete or professional configuration here. This is a good news, as regardless which bundle you get, you have all the software features enabled for your access (including 1-60 minutes timer, 8 levels of intensity, OmniBrain application, etc.)
- Over the internet firmware and application software upgrade
What’s new in iMRSone 2.0 Omnium1
- Updated tablet hardware design with Android Oreo 8.1
- User removable battery. Similar capacity as compared to previous version though
- Updated hardware design for D/A converter.
What you don’t find in Omnium1 (vs. IMRS)
- No iMORE (biofeedback) system. No big deal especially for home use.
- No iGuide (close to 300 preset profiles for various alignment and body condition). No big deal again, since this information can be made available to distributors and manually set the user profiles in Omnium1.
- No Probe. This is replaced by OmniSpot.
- Multiple applicators can connect to the controller at the same time. With Omnium1, you can only connect one applicator at anyone time.
Omnium1 System Bundle
As Omnium1 controller is universal for all bundles, the configuration option here is really about choosing what applicators you wish to add-on. There are essentially 4 bundle for PEMF configuration – Basic, Complete, Combo, and Complete Combo. There are three PEMF applicators – OmniMat, OmniPad and optional OmniSpot to choose from; one optional brainwave entrainment integrated audio-visual headset OmniBrain to choose from.
- For Omnium1 Basic, you get an Omnium1 Tablet (with D/A controller that connects the tablet to applicator), Full body Mat (OmniMat) and Pad (OmniPad).
- For Omnium1 Complete, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniSpot
- For Omnium1 Combo, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniBrain
- For Omnium1 Complete Combo, you get Omnium1 Basic with additional OmniSpot and OmniBrain.
There is one lesser known configuration for standalone BrainWave Entrainment purpose, which is called OmniBrain Combo. This consist of Just the Omnium1 Tablet with OmniBrain. When you get Omnium1 Combo or Complete Combo, you can use the OmniBrain with the Omnium1 Tablet as a standalone brainwave entrainment system too.
Omnium1 User Interface
Omnium1 app comes with a rather intuitive and well-designed user interface. You will feel immediately at home if you are already familiar with the iMRS operation. The timer and intensity settings are now represented by two sliding rings where you can just slide your finger along the circle to set the desired setting. This is much faster as compared to a button-based operation, but the draw back is at times it can be challenging for you to nail down to specific minute precision with your finger. Watch the video below learn more about the operation of the application.
What’s New in the interface (vs. iMRS)
- There are 5 quick start programs on the left side of the control screen – Relaxation, Performance, Activation, Sleep, and Regeneration. These are more than just pre-set profile, but a preset of organ clock (frequencies), intensity range (varying intensities) and time duration for each of this program.
- Integrated button to access OmniBrain application, where you can adjust the three basic color intensity, brightness at the same time.
- Unlimited User Profile setting. While there is no official word on the limits of profiles you can set, we have tried more than 30 user profiles settings without issue. In normal usage, you likely will just need at most5-5-10 user profiles before the profile selection screen starts to get cluttered. This is a great improvement over the button based 3 user profiles in iMRS.
Some technicalities of Omnium1
The Omnium1 is an 8″ capacitive touch screen tablet that weighs more than 0.5 kg (567g to be exact). It has a WIFI, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB), 1 x 3.5mm audio out jack for you to connect to your personal headset for audio entrainment, and an impressive 9000mAH Li-polymer battery with a 14.8V rating. There is no Bluetooth wireless feature, as the radiation by Bluetooth is much stronger as compared to WIFI, hence the design team decided to remove this feature away. During normal use, we still suggest you turn the tablet into airplane mode or turn off the WIFI to minimize any radiation from the tablet since it will be placing near your body during use.
The Omnium1 tablet comes with a customized 20 pin port that looks like HDMI port, for it to connect to the D/A converter, for communicating with the various applicators. The wiring design is much cleaner now with just one wire out, instead of up to 6 wires coming out iMRS system when it is fully loaded (3 applicators, 1 x iMORE, 1 x Audio, 1 x Goggle). However, unlike iMRS where you can directly connect the applicator to the controller, for Omnium1, you need a proxy (D/A Converter) in-order for the tablet to communicate with the applicators. The intelligence of the PEMF, in fact, are all stored in the D/A converter. The tablet is merely a user interface and control panel. This design makes Omnium1 a slightly less than perfect portable system in a way.
OmniBrain application get a special mention here as we felt there is a more potential use of OmniBrain applications that come standard with all Omnium1 bundles. There are three “output” from the OmniBrain – 1. Goggles (flashing light), Music (audio) and Tones (audio). Regardless if you have OmniBrain connected to the system, the audio features of the OmniBrain will still work, and this is the fun part of customizing the system to your liking since there is really nothing much can be configured for the PEMF applicators aside the time and intensity.
The screen below shows the settings available on the standalone OmniBrain App. In the standalone App, you will see an optional timer setting where you can adjust the duration of the session. The app can also be called out from the iMRSone main interface, where you won’t be seeing a timer bar as it will follow the timer set for the PEMF session.
Goggles – This is the flashing LED light, the visual component of the audio-visual brainwave entrainment system. If you have the OmniBrain, you should always try to use it and turn it on. In Omnium1’s version of OmniBrain, you have much more color combination of the color, as compared to the iSLRS in iMRS, where you can select only 3 basic colors. In OmniBrain, you can have a mixture of different basic colors and create a color tone that you want (i.e. violet, orange, etc.). This opens out a whole of potential for color therapy use. The only problem with this design is there is no physical button available on the tablet to allow you to adjust the intensity when you are wearing it. Find the position of the brightness bar with your finger when you are blind folded can be a real challenge here.
Tones – This is the audio component of the audio-visual brainwave entrainment system. The hearing is another useful sensory channel to receive the entrainment frequencies, although visual has a much larger impact to our brainwave. You will hear some monotonous beat or tone when it’s enabled, depending on the organ clock setting selected.
Both the audio and visual frequencies are determined by the organ clock setting. So in essence, you have only 4 programs available to choose from. Read on to find out how you can create more audio entrainment session.
Music – The music is optional and by default is turned off. However, music can be a really powerful compliment. The tablet does not come pre-installed with any music. Registered users can download the music files here: http://pemf.asia/resources/music.
Customizing your own Audio-Entrainment session
As mentioned earlier, OmniBrain App has some flexibility that allows you to do some level of customization. One of them is to use your own audio-entrainment music files. To do that is simple:
- Copy your .mp3 files to the /iMRS folder of your microSD card and insert into the Tablet’s microSD slot.
- Turn off the tone and Turn on the Music
- Just choose the music file you wish to play during the PEMF system.
- If you don’t have OmniBrain (Goggle), use any headphone with 3.5mm audio jack. We recommend over-the-ear type as it offers better sound isolation and vibration to your sensory organ.
Things to note: we do not recommend you to customize your own entrainment audio files if you are using the goggle head set, as the system will not synchronize the rhythm of the music files, hence this will impact the efficiency of the overall audio and light entrainment. Use your customized version only if you are not using the light entrainment option.
OmniSpot is the latest high-intensity applicator that replaces the Probe in iMRS. The magnetic field not only works directly above the OmniSpot applicator but also spreads itself out in all directions. The flux density of the pillow applicator is less than or equal to 120 μT at its highest intensity. The placement of the coils across from each other will generate a so-called Helmholtz effect (meaning a homogeneous magnetic field). It has a flexible attachment belt for a more simple and practical application.
OmniSpot is a convenient and useful applicator for many uses, including joint pains, shoulder, etc.. For best effect, sandwich the treatment area between the pad at a parallel position.